In this writer chat:
- In this chat Paul chat’s about his two writing groups and how he finds the different challenges of writing in silence and writing in a busy environment affect his focus.
- We talk about hand-selling print books (if you’re thinking of doing a print run for your first book then you need to listen to this)
- Paul talks about how he turned the traditional idea of witches on it’s head for Complicated Blue (his take on it is really cool).
- We talk about the challenges of writing a series arc.
- Paul talks about how his very interesting experiences in his previous careers as a musician and theatre technician have shaped and inspired his author journey
- He also talks about the inspiration behind his two books (really interesting! I love hearing how other authors come up with their ideas:-)
Resources we talked about in this chat:
To check out Paul’s books and his website click here.
I’ve given a review on Complicated Blue here.
Paul’s books sharing table space with other well known writers:-)
Online writing / indie author community
Books Paul loves
(These books are great they’re pretty well known and would be widely available)
- The Writers Journey By Christopher Vogler
- The Hero With A Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- The Authentic Swing Steven Pressfield
We hope you enjoyed this writer chat. Have you watched all of our other chats? If not, click here.